Novice & Extended Examples
Work Plan for 2022 (Draft)
- New examples:
- Biasing: DXTRAN (MCNP-like option), occurrence interaction of charged particles
- Hadronic: example for monitoring particle fluences
- Parameterisation: gflash example for sampling calorimeter (all existing examples show usage in homogeneous media)
- Polarisation: new Pol02 example
- RunAndEvent: example for sub-event parallelism
- Medical/dna examples:
- molecularDNA: validation and development with protons and He4 ions
- example for the RBE/LET calculation
- example for microdosimetry: calculation of microdosimetry spectra in a cylindrical domain at the specific water depth imitating silicon detector ( in the existing example there is randomly placed spherical volume)
- example for radio-biology
- example for ultra-high dose rate
- Existing examples improvements:
- Biasing: Resolve the overlap in biasing B02/B03 and GB03 examples which implement the same use case.
- Electromagnetic & Hadronic: updating selected examples with usage of G4Accumulable.
- Errorpropagation: Porting Geant4e to MT.
- Medical: Extend the DICOM reader with the RT Dose format.
- Try to include new cross-sections for gas materials in the already existing icsd example
- Add the possibility to use the SBS method in the medical/dna/scavenger example.
- DNA damage in plasmids with IRT
- Code review:
- Continue with the macros and tests review: make sure that provided macros cover all commands implemented in example and the cdash test covers all important example use cases.
- Coding guidelines:
- Review the status and update the table on the Wiki page.
- Finish the examples not yet completed (dicomReader)